Why have I been contacted by PAIR Finance?

I have been contacted by PAIR Finance. What should I do now?

If you have been contacted by us, you have an outstanding bill with the company named in the e-mail or the letter which has not yet been paid. Use the payment options set out in our message, give us a call or write to us to agree payment of the outstanding amount and bring the debt collection process to an end. Even if you believe that the claim is not valid because you have already paid it, returned the goods or you simply cannot pay, please contact us in any case. Failing to respond now and simply ignoring our message is not a solution. At PAIR Finance, we find a suitable, individual solution for 97.8% of people that contact us.

I have received a text or WhatsApp message from PAIR Finance, can that be right?

We want to offer the easiest, quickest form of communication for all our customers. This means we will contact you by e-mail, text or WhatsApp if you entered these as contact options for your original order from the creditor. This makes communication easier and allows us to resolve the issue for you quickly and conveniently.

I have been contacted by PAIR Finance again even though I have already paid.

Depending on the payment message, it can take a couple of days after you make a payment before it lands in our account. If you receive messages from us several days after making a payment to us, the best thing is to give us a call or send us a message, quoting your reference number. If you have already made a payment to your contract partner, please e-mail us evidence of the payment (e.g. screenshot of transfer receipt). Please note that even if you pay immediately after our message, default costs have already been incurred and must therefore also be paid.

I don’t know what the debt is about, I didn’t order anything from them.

Please do not ignore our message. Send us an e-mail or call us to discuss the situation and avoid further reminders and costs. We will clarify things with the contract partner and, of course, will stop proceedings immediately if it transpires that our payment requests are not correct. If you are not familiar with the contract partner, the claim could still be correct, perhaps if you have used the services of a payment service provider when placing an order at a shop. This service provider, who made it possible to pay by invoice, for example, is your legal contract partner and payment is due to them. If, after more careful checks, it is still not clear why this claim exists and you have not received the goods or services to which it relates, please check whether your data could have been compromised. You can find out more on the website of the Federal Ministry for Information Technology Security. But it is important that you contact us whatever the situation, we can help you!

I do not know what the claim is about, and would like to clarify whether it is a case of mistaken identity or identity theft.

If you have been contacted by PAIR Finance about an outstanding claim and cannot allocate it, there may be various reasons for this. In the following, we would like to show you how to best proceed in this case.

1. Check the details of the claim.
First of all, please check whether you can or cannot allocate the claim being made. Please take a closer look at all the details from our communication with you, especially via which provider/website the claim arose, as well as the contract/claim date.

2. Check whether you may have been mistaken as a person.
A mistaken identity exists, for example, if we have written to you and the debt is actually owed to a person with the same name. The reason for such confusion can be an address investigation that PAIR Finance has carried out as part of the commissioned collection procedure.
An example shows how this can happen: We send a demand letter to the address that our client has given us. This letter comes back to us, so we initiate a search for the current recipient’s address via an address service provider. This address search can identify several people with the same name, or the same or similar information. It is therefore possible that the address service provider makes an incorrect assignment. Neither the address service provider nor we are aware of this at first. After the address service provider has transmitted the “new” address, we will use it to contact you and assert the claim. We write to you at the newly determined address, but in reality the claim is against a person with the same name as you. 

This is what you can do:
You have received a letter from us in which reference has been made to the address enquiry? Is this the first message you have received from us and you also cannot assign the claim? If so, please contact us by e-mail at kundenservice@pairfinance.com or via the contact details given in the imprint. In this way, we can discuss together whether there has been a mix-up and adjust the processing of the case accordingly. Please make sure to provide the details listed in point 4.

3. Check whether there could be identity theft.
Another possibility is that your data has been misused for a service relationship, for example when placing an online order, and you have become a victim of identity theft. In this case, an unauthorised person has used your data (without authorisation) to obtain goods or services for which you, rather than the person themselves, are to pay. Please note that at PAIR Finance cannot tell from the source data whether or not your data has been used by someone for criminal purposes.

This is what you can do:
Let us know if you are not familiar with the claim and your data may have already been misused in the past. Contact us by e-mail at kundenservice@pairfinance.com or at the contact details given in the imprint. Please make sure to include the details listed in point 4 in your e-mail.

4. Please provide the following details when contacting us.
The file number
Please always quote our file number when communicating with us. This is the only way we can assign your message to the appropriate case.
Your date of birth and residential address(es)
For the best possible clarification (identification, allocation to the matter and further clarification), we may also need to know:
your date of birth (at least month and year of birth) and 
your current address and, if applicable, your previous address(es). 
If you do not send this information at the same time, it is possible that our colleagues will contact you with corresponding questions. 

5. Recommendation: If you suspect identity theft, file a criminal complaint (against unknown persons).
In cases of suspected identity theft, it is in the interest of everyone involved if you file a criminal complaint (against unknown persons). The investigating authorities will then try to find the person who actually placed the order and misused your data. It is also possible to file a criminal complaint online. To do so, enter the name of your place of residence and the term “Internetwache” (internet watch) in the search engine you use. This will help you to find the police internet watch for your place of residence in Germany. Please send us the confirmation of the criminal complaint from the authority after a possible corresponding request by us.

We ask you to cooperate in the cases described and to enable clarification in the interest of all parties involved. We will also do our best to provide clarity for you. If you have nothing to do with the asserted claim, we will initiate all necessary measures.